Peabody Recreation, Parks & Forestry
Skip to nav
Welcome to the Memorial Bench Program. A bench in a park is a great way to memorialize friends and family. The information below will hopefully answer your questions.
- The Peabody Park Commission and Recreation, Parks & Forestry Department make all final decisions, including, but not limited to, the location and style of the memorial bench.
- The donation period will last for 10 years.
- Within this time the Department will replace, at no cost to the donor, a bench plaque one time if it is damaged or stolen. The cost of any subsequent replacement plaques will be the financial responsibility of the donor and must be coordinated through the Parks Department.
- After 10 years, the donated element will be available for renewal for the cost of a new donation with the first right of refusal given to the original donor. If the original donor opts not to renew, the donated element and plaque may be removed or rededicated at any time
- All inscriptions are subject to approval.
- The City of Peabody reserves the right to deem the bench un-serviceable and remove as necessary.
- A check or online payment for the cost of the bench must be submitted with your completed application.
- Benches will be installed by the Parks Department
- Once completed application is received by the Peabody Recreation, Parks, & Forestry Department, it will be reviewed by the Parks Commission and the applicant will be notified of the City’s decision.
- Once approved by the Commission the order process will take place.
- The Parks Department will send you a proof of the plaque before making the final order.
It will take 10-12 weeks for delivery and installation. The overall process can take 3-5 months.